• The threat of a blizzard initially anticipated for tonight has fizzled out, with the chance of light snow between 3 and 9 a.m. tomorrow now at 30 percent, as a high pressure system over the northeast pushes the storm moving up the coast off our shores. There is a small craft advisory on the water through 4 p.m today. Winds are expected to be 10 to 15 knots, but gusts will be up to 25 knots and seas of 3 to 5 feet are expected on the ocean. The high temperature is expected to be in the low 30s.
• The Concerned Citizens of Montauk are holding their first hike of the year, in the woods surrounding Montauk Point, this morning at 10 a.m. More information is online here.
• The Southampton Trails Preservation Society is hosting a meander through the maple swamps of Flanders at 10 a.m. today. More information is online here.
• If you’re an inventor or an entrepreneur living in Suffolk Count, the Suffolk Inventors and Entrepreneurs are looking for people to join them on on Tuesday, March 18th from 7 to 9 p.m.in the Media Room of the H. Lee Dennison Building in Hauppauge to speak with attorney Lisa Renee Pomerantz, who specializes in dispute resolution and legal training services for creative and innovative enterprises. She will speak and answer legal questions about the inventing process. For more information, call (631) 853-4805 or e-mail email@example.com.
• If you haven’t gone to Winterfest yet, there are just a few days of music left on the North Fork. Find a concert to liven up this chilly day in The Beacon’s music listings. If you are a musician and would like to see your concerts publicized here, please send the details in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• East End Arts in Riverhead is hosting a seminar on Obamacare for artists at their carriage house on East Main Street tomorrow, March 17, from 6 to 8 p.m. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.