• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 60 degrees and a southwest wind 9 to 16 miles per hour. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 53. There’s an 80 percent chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm before noon Friday, with a high near 60.
• Loop Rides, a company that provides free rides in open-air electric cars, sponsored by advertising in the cars, is planning to provide loop service between downtowns and beaches in Hampton Bays, Westhampton Beach, Sag Harbor and Southampton Village this summer. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The moon is full tonight, and full moon hikes are being held all over the East End. The Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt and the South Fork Natural History Museum host a free full worm moon hike at the museum tonight at 8 p.m., Group for the East End hosts a full moon walk at Downs Farm Preserve in Cutchogue tonight at 8 p.m.[$5] and the Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a Full Moon Night Hike tonight at 7 p.m. [$5/members,$10 non-members]
• This Saturday, the Hampton Bays Historical Society is celebrating the Lyzon Hat Shop with an Easter Bonnet Parade down Montauk Highway in honor of Hampton Bays’ place in hatmaking history. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Round two of Suffolk County’s Advanced Onsite Wastewater Treatment lottery opened this week. Homeowners who are interested in helping the county pilot new technology have until April 8 to submit applications. More information is online here.
• The North Fork Environmental Council plans to hold its first-ever Earth Day 5K Run/Walk on Sunday, April 24, at Indian Island County Park in Riverhead. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the race begins at 10 a.m. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.