• There’s a 20 percent chance of afternoon rain today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 46. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 45, and a 20 percent chance of rain after 3 p.m. Sunday will be mostly cloudy and breezy, with a high near 40 and a 20 percent chance of snow or rain showers.
• The North Fork Environmental Council’s Speaker Series continues tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House with a talk by Dr. Anna-Marie Wellins on Tick-Borne Diseases.
• Nineteen of the South Fork’s cultural institutions have formed a new group, the Hamptons Arts Network, to work together to promote artistic endeavors in the Hamptons. They’re planning their first joint endeavor, THAW FEST, beginning today and running all weekend, throughout the South Fork. More details are online here.
• Sag Harbor will play host to a march in support of the anti-school gun violence “March for Our Lives” in Washington, DC, this Saturday, with a rally with speakers at the Sag Harbor windmill beginning at 11 a.m. followed by a march down Main Street. All are welcome to attend, especially students. More information is online here.
• St. Patrick’s Day parades continue this weekend, with the Hampton Bays parade tomorrow at 11 a.m., the Jamesport Parade tomorrow at 1 p.m. and the Montauk parade on Sunday at noon. More details are online here.
• Coastal scientist Kevin McAllister of DefendH2O will give a presentation on the physical and biological ramifications of climate change within Long Island’s coastal zone at the East Hampton Library, 159 Main Street, East Hampton, on Saturday, March 24 at 1 p.m.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:40 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:48 a.m., 2:23 p.m.
Greenport: 3:17 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:09 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:12 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:39 a.m., 5:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:46 a.m., 5:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:37 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:43 a.m., 4:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:51 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
Greenport: 4:20 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:10 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:15 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:42 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:49 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:54 a.m., 1:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.