• There’s a 50 percent chance of showers today, with cloudy skies and a high near 48, with a north wind 13 to 18 miles per hour, becoming west in the afternoon. There’s a 40 percent chance of rain and possibly snow showers overnight, with a low around 33. Skies will clear on Saturday, with a high near 46. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 51.
• This year’s Long Island Natural History Conference will be held today and tomorrow at Brookhaven National Laboratory, including discussions ranging from barn owls and marshes on Jamaica Bay to white shark conservation to coastal adaptation, the future of Plum Island and updates on conservation of numerous local species. More details are online here.
• St. Patrick’s Day parades continue throughout the East End this weekend, with Hampton Bays hosting a parade Saturday at 11 a.m. and the famous Montauk St. Patrick’s Day parade on Sunday at noon. More details are online here.
• North Fork Audubon Society and the North Fork Environmental Council host their 3rd Annual Organic Lawn Care and Landscaping Workshop on Saturday, March 23 from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. More details are online here.
• The second annual THAW FEST, a collaboration between South Fork arts organizations to celebrate the spring, kicks off tonight and continues through the weekend. More details are online here.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center’s Thinking Forward Lecture Series hosts East Hampton native and actress Charnele Brown for a talk on Saturday at 3 p.m. at Guild Hall in East Hampton. Admission is free. More details are online here.
• Dava Sobel, New York Times best-selling author of “Galileo’s Daughter” and “Longitude,” will read from her latest work, “The Glass Universe,” at Peconic Landing in Greenport on Saturday at 5 p.m. Admission is free. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follow:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:35 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:43 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
Greenport: 12:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:46 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:05 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:12 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:48 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:57 a.m., 9:26 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:33 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Greenport: 12:33 a.m., 1:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:33 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:28 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:55 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:02 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:37 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:46 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.