• We’re expecting sprinkles of rain today, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 48, with the wind out of the north at 6 to 9 miles per hour. Sprinkles will mix with flurries overnight, with skies clearing late and a low around 24. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 44. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 45.
• If music is the lifeblood of a community, East Hampton’s heart was beating hard Thursday evening, as musicians raised their voices in concern over proposed changes to the town’s music entertainment permits. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Southampton resident Lydia Bonner’s life as a chaplain and a counselor is just the tip of the iceberg — Ms. Bonner has also been a soldier, a mother, a radio host, a digital publisher and a protector of children who may be lured into sex trafficking. Read Kara Westerman’s profile of Ms. Bonner online here.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a talk on tick-borne diseases by Jerry Simons of the Medical Advisory Panel of Stony Brook Southampton Hospital’s Regional Tick-Borne Disease Resource Center this Wednesday, March 27 at 7 p.m. All are welcome to attend this free lecture. More details are online here.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to the East End Beacon’s monthly print edition in time to have the April issue mailed to your door. Annual subscriptions are just $20 and they are the primary source of financial support for our work. Sign up online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:47 a.m., 1:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:24 p.m.
Greenport: 1:24 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:21 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:46 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:53 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:07 a.m., 12:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:38 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:38 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:46 a.m., 1:16 p.m.
Greenport: 2:15 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:10 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:10 a.m., 2:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:37 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:44 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:57 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:31 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.