• Today will be sunny, with a high near 48 degrees but wind chill values between 10 and 20 early. There’s a 20 percent chance of rain overnight after 3 a.m., with a low around 34. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers Wednesday, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 47. We’re expecting patchy fog before noon Thursday, with cloudy skies and a high near 53.
• Fire Departments from throughout Suffolk County are expected to assemble at the gates of the 106th Rescue Wing at Gabreski Airport in Westhampton Beach this afternoon for the dignified transfer of the bodies of three airmen who died in Iraq on March 15. Visitation for Tech.Sgt. Dashan Briggs, a Riverhead graduate, will be Wednesday, March 28 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Westhampton Beach Fire Department at 92 Sunset Ave, with the service to follow, also at the Westhampton Beach Fire Department, on Thursday, March 29 at 10 a.m.
• The Southold Town Board will hear presentations on lead water pipe replacement, a proposed rental permit code, siting of solar installations, water conservation committee initiatives and a Peconic Region Tourism Marketing District at their 9 a.m. meeting this morning. The board will hold a public hearing on changes to the town’s special events code at its 4:30 p.m. meeting this afternoon. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a public hearing on the granting of agricultural and conservation easements at a subdivision in Water Mill at their 6 p.m. regular meeting tonight. Their full agenda is online here.
• Greenport’s Stirling Historical Society will be holding its Annual Fish and Chicken Dinner tomorrow, Wednesday, March 28, from noon to 8 p.m. at Townsend Manor Inn. This fundraising dinner – which includes salad, scallops of chicken, vegetable, potato, coffee and dessert for $25 – supports the programs and exhibitions of the society. More details are online here.
• Southold Town will has announced it will host an Opioid Overdose Prevention Program and NARCAN Training Class on Thursday, May 10 from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Recreation Center. Details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for today are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:09 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:17 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
Greenport: 7:46 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:32 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:41 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:08 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:15 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:14 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.