• The East End could be the beneficiary of energy from the first offshore wind park in the United States. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• This weekend is chock-full of events throughout the East End. You can find them all in The Beacon’s event calendar, which is online here. Please send any events listings you may have to email@example.com. Some highlights are below:
• East Hampton Town’s litter committee is sponsoring a free screening of the film “Bag It” at LTV Studios in Wainscott tonight at 6 p.m. They’re providing popcorn and a festive atmosphere, and are asking in return for a donation of a non-perishable food item to the East Hampton Food Pantry. It would be best if you did not bring that food item to the screening in a plastic bag. More information is online here.
• Bay Burger in Sag Harbor is hosting a new Hamptons Weekend Preview Show Friday evenings from 5 to 7 p.m., featuring local musicians, beginning tonight.
• As more and more birds make their way back to Long Island’s shores, the next few weeks abound with birding programs, including what’s promising to be a fascinating lecture by birder Priyanka Kumar at the Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m.
• There’s plenty of live theater on the East End this weekend, including the opening weekend of Riverhead High School’s production of “The Wiz,” the closing weekends for Hampton Theatre Company’s “The Foreigner” and North Fork Community Theatre’s “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,” and Southampton Cultural Center’s production of “August: Osage County,” which runs through April 6. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.