• Today will be sunny, with a high near 35 degrees but wind chill values between 10 and 20. We’re expecting light snow after 3 a.m. tomorrow, with accumulation of up to 2 inches on Friday. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40, and Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 43.
• Deputy Suffolk County Police Commissioner Risco Mention-Lewis was in Riverside Tuesday night to explain her work on the Council of Thought and Action, a series of support groups aimed at keeping ex-convicts from returning to jail that she’s started in Hempstead, Wyandanch and North Bellport. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Southampton Town and Suffolk County are considering an experiment in mid-April to set the first traffic light en route to the Hamptons, at Tuckahoe Road by the entrance to Stony Brook Southampton, in blinking mode for three days during the morning rush hour, in an attempt to gather data on whether eliminating that light would shorten commute times. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a request for proposals for the redesign of the Bridgehampton Gateway project and for the Hampton Bays Main Street Redevelopment Overlay District at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the proposed Aquebogue-Jamesport corridor study and capital projects at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Saxophone player Oscar Feldman headlines The Jam Session at Bay Burger in Sag Harbor tonight beginning at 7 p.m., kicking off the third week of the WinterFest concert series. [No Cover]
• Canio’s Books’ new Cinema Series hosts its first screening tonight of Academy Award-winnning Best Picture “Spotlight” at Bridgehampton’s Hampton Library at 6:15 p.m. A conversation on the film will be held at the bookstore in Sag Harbor on March 19 at 5 p.m. [Free]
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.