• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high temperature near 51 degrees and showers likely after 4 p.m., with a southwest wind 7 to 10 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. We’re expecting showers tonight, with a low around 44. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 53 and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 47.
• The first case of coronavirus in New York State was announced by Governor Andrew Cuomo Sunday, and Mr. Cuomo announced Monday that the state plans to ramp up testing, with a goal of performing 1,000 tests per day by the end of the week. Suffolk County is planning a training exercise for dealing with a potential coronavirus outbreak this Thursday. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss its police department’s annual report and the town’s 2020 capital budget at its 10 a.m. work session this morning at town hall.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. They have no public hearings scheduled.
• The Riverhead Fire Department will host a community blood drive at its firehouse at 540 Roanoke Ave. this afternoon from 1 to 7 p.m. Everyone who can donate is urged to do so.
• The Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansettt hosts a “Rock the Retreat Benefit” this Thursday at 7 p.m. to raise funds for the domestic violence support and advocacy group The Retreat, with music by Jay Schneiderman & Friends, The Rum Hill Rockers and Sup De Jour with Peter Van Scoyoc. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:03 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:11 a.m., 3:48 p.m.
Greenport: 4:40 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:06 a.m., 5:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:35 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:02 a.m., 6:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:09 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:25 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:34 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:06 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:14 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
Greenport: 5:43 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:08 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:38 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:05 a.m., 7:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:12 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:25 a.m., 4:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:34 a.m., 2:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.