This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.3.21
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 50 degrees and a west wind 9 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 26. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 42 and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 37.
• Stony Brook has a limited number of Covid-19 vaccination appointments available for ages 65+ at Southold’s Peconic Lane Recreation Center tomorrow, March 4. Here’s the link.
• Congressman Lee Zeldin has been outspoken in his criticism of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo as sexual harassment allegations against the governor piled up over the past couple weeks, and the congressman took to Twitter yesterday to announce he is “actively exploring a run for governor in 2022:
• Suffolk County reported 498 new cases of Covid-19 on March 1, with 4.6 percent of people tested testing positive for the virus. There were 431 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 97 of them in ICU and 26 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported nine new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,095 people.
• New York State Assemblyman Fred Thiele has announced that Covid-19 vaccine eligibility in New York has been expanded to include public-facing hotel workers and employees of food banks and pantries and home-delivered meal programs effective March 1.
• Southold Town Democrats announced Tuesday evening that their 2018 Town Supervisor Candidate, Greg Doroski, and former Mattituck School Board member Brian Mealy will be their candidates for town board this November. Incumbent Republican Bob Ghosio and incumbent Conservative Jim Dinizio have declined to run again, and they will be replaced on the ticket by Greg Williams, who owns Country Time Cycle in Mattituck, and Sannino Vineyard owner Anthony Sannino. Here’s our full story.
• We’ve been receiving a lot of letters of late regarding the Shinnecock Nation’s plan to build a casino and the sorry state of the Covid-19 vaccine rollout. Here are some highlights.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:23 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:55 a.m.
Greenport: 1 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:54 a.m., 2:23 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:55 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:22 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:29 a.m., 2:53 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:57 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:06 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:16 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
Greenport: 1:53 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:46 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:48 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:15 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:22 a.m., 3:48 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:32 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.