• Today will be sunny, with a high near 60 degrees and a light south wind, increasing to 5 to 10 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 41. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 59 and showers likely, mainly after 2 p.m. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 47 degrees.
• As of 8 a.m. today, anyone over the age of 30 is eligible to receive the Covid-19 vaccine in New York, along with people of any age with certain pre-existing conditions and a broad range of workers who interact with the public. Anyone over the age of 16 will also be able to book a vaccination appointment as of April 6. Read our full story.
• Suffolk County reported 685 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, with 5.2 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 386 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 78 of them in ICU and 25 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported three new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3.235 people.
• The Town of Southampton Sustainability Committee and Drawdown East End are hosting a Zoom forum on “Advancing Kelp Farming on the East End To Accelerate a Local Blue-Green Economy” this evening from 6 to 7:15 p.m. Here are more details.
• Stony Brook School of Marine & Atmospheric Science presents Dr. Christopher Gobler’s annual State of the Bays address this Thursday, April 1 at 7 p.m. via Zoom. This year’s topic: “Welcome to the Anthropocene.” Here’s the link.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to our monthly print edition to receive the April issue delivered through the US Mail. Subscriptions are just $20 per year, and they support much of the work we do! April’s issue marks our fourth anniversary of the print edition, and we’re excited about what’s in store for the years ahead! Here’s how to sign up.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:48 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:56 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
Greenport: 12:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:56 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:19 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:26 a.m., 1:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:56 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:05 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:08 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:46 a.m.
Greenport: 12:45 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:42 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:40 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:07 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:14 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:47 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:56 a.m., 10:25 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.