• Rain and snow are likely early today, becoming all rain after 7 a.m., with a high near 45 degrees and an east wind 3 to 6 miles per hour. Little or no snow accumulation is expected. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 27. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 52, and Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 52.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss Suffolk County Community College continuing education programs, youth bureau events and agricultural issues at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold a public hearing on accessory apartments in accessory structures at its 7:30 p.m. meeting tonight. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss immediate solutions for erosion at Shadmore State Park and artist studio legislation at its 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Firehouse. The full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss water restrictions, a medical center update and short term rental review at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith is scheduled to give her first State of the Town address this evening, Tuesday, April 10 at 6 p.m. at Riverhead Town Hall. All are welcome to attend.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on CPF acquisitions in North Sea, the 2018 CPF PILOTS plan and an agricultural use agreement at their 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for today are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:44 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:52 a.m., 6:21 p.m.
Greenport: 7:21 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:51 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:16 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:43 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:50 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:26 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.