• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 60 degrees and a north wind 5 to 11 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 41. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 61 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. Showers are likely on Thursday, with cloudy skies and a high near 52.
• Take yourself back to the spring of 2020, if you dare, and peek inside a couple’s Brooklyn apartment as the world came to a stop outside their windows. One year’s perspective is a gift, and into this liminal space walks the Exquisite Corpse Company’s new adventure in immersive theater, “Zoetrope,” coming to Guild Hall in East Hampton for its premiere April 23 and 24. Read more.
• Suffolk County reported 590 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, April 10, with 3.7 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 316 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 78 of them in ICU and 27 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported one new fatality, bringing the death toll here to 3,295 people.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss a “stretch energy code” and Camp Hero at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold numerous public hearings at its 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon, including one on extending the Shinnecock Hills building moratorium by three months, and on adding definitions in the town code for “non-aviation” and “distribution” industries in conjunction with the Amazon warehouse slated for construction at Gabreski Airport in Westhampton. Here’s the agenda, and here’s the Zoom login.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss possible upcoming events including the Shelter Island 10K and Covid-19 vaccinations at its 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Here’s the agenda. Contact Town Clerk’s Office at 631-749-1166 or email@example.com for zoom invite, or watch the meeting live online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:38 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:46 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Greenport: 12:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:44 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:10 a.m., 1:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:17 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:44 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:53 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:28 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Greenport: 12:27 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:22 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:49 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:56 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:23 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:32 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.