• Today will gradually become more sunny, with a high near 54 degrees and a northeast wind 10 to 13 miles per hour. Tonight will be clear, with a low around 36.
Thursday NightClear, with a low around 36. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 59, Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 61 and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 67 degrees.
• We’ve heard from a good number of East End folks who are heading to Patchogue this afternoon to participate in a vigil near the spot where Equadorian immigrant Marcelo Lucero was murdered in 2008, blocks from a Suffolk County Republican fundraiser being headlined tonight by presidential candidate Donald Trump. Stay safe out there!
• While Dave Calone and Anna Throne-Holst agree on a broad range of national issues, the devil’s in the details for the two candidates for the Democratic nomination for the East End’s First Congressional District. The two met in a debate Tuesday night at Southold High School sponsored by the Southold Democratic Club. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the town’s Recreation Advisory Committee, the Eastern Fence site plan application, the Suffolk County Bicycle Riders Association and downtown parking meters at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss budget modifications for Community Development Block Grants for the town’s Housing Authority at their 11:30 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Brenda Simmons will lead a discussion this morning at the Southampton Historical Museum titled “African Americans Look Back: On the Founding of Hillcrest” at 11 a.m. Participants will reminisce on the history of the community, the Great Migration to the north, jobs obtained during that time, the influential people and entrepreneurship. More information is online here. [Free]
• “Landmarks & Historic Sites of Long Island” will be the focus of a book discussion and signing by author Ralph F. Brady at the Suffolk County Historical Society tonight at 6 p.m. More information is online here. [$5/Members Free]
• The Montauk Observatory hosts their first lecture of 2016, titled “Einstein, Black Holes, and the Mystery of Gravity,” tonight at 7 p.m. at the Amangansett Library. More information is online here. [Free]
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.