This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.17.17
• We have one more day of balmy weather ahead of us before early spring returns. Today will be sunny, with a high near 72 degrees and a northwest wind 11 to 14 miles per hour. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Tomorrow and Wednesday will both be mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
• Several streets in downtown Southampton will be closed from 6 to 9 p.m. tonight so that emergency responders can conduct a drill focusing on how to protect the town’s business district from a major fire. Main Street, West Main Street and Nugent Street will all be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
• The Natural Resources Committee of the League of Women Voters of the Hamptons will host a program titled “Wind, a Clean Energy Solution” tonight, April 17 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Southampton’s Rogers Memorial Library, right around the corner from the fire drill downtown. More details are online here.
• Tomorrow’s Tuesdays with Tom birding walk will be held at the North Fork Preserve on Sound Avenue in Northville beginning at 8 a.m. More details are online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton is hosting a safeTALK community suicide prevention training tomorrow, April 18, beginning at 8:45 a.m. More details and registration information is online here. A similar training session will be held this Thursday, April 20 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. For more information on that training, email email@example.com.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get it delivered piping hot to your inboxe each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:46 a.m., 3:25 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 1:54 a.m., 2:33 p.m.
Greenport: 3:23 a.m., 4:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:58 a.m., 4:36 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 3:18 a.m., 3:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:45 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:52 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:20 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:40 a.m., 4:24 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 2:48 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Greenport: 4:17 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:48 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 4:12 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:39 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:46 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:29 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.