• We’re expecting light rain today, with a high near 48 degrees and a northeast wind 7 to 11 miles per hour, becoming north in the afternoon. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain overnight, with a low around 37. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 53, and Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 54.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss business automation services, Anti-Bias Task Force signs, public authority meeting schedules and the new downtown advisory committee at their 9:30 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special meeting to authorize the purchase of bottled water for emergency distribution to private well owners in East Quogue and to apply for an infrastructure grant at 10 a.m. today, followed by a 10:30 a.m. work session at which they plan to discuss synthetic turf at the baseball field at Red Creek Park.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on CPF acquisitions, a scenic and conservation easement and a code change regarding emergency access to alarm devices at their regular meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Long Island Food Council, a networking and educational organization created to support the growth of the food industry on the island, is expanding its reach with an inaugural East End event, to be held at the Hotel Indigo in Riverhead tomorrow, April 20, beginning at 10 a.m. More details are online here.
• Tickets are still available for the North Fork Animal Welfare League’s annual Comedy Night, this year with headliner Jodi Wasserman, this Saturday, April 21 at Riverhead’s Vail-Leavitt Music Hall. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:36 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:20 p.m.
Greenport: 1:13 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:09 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:08 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:35 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:42 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:31 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:28 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:36 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Greenport: 2:05 a.m., 2:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:59 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:27 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:34 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:30 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.