• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 64 degrees and a northwest wind 5 to 10 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies overnight, with a low around 49 and a 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 2 a.m. Wednesday will start out mostly cloudy, with a 20 percent chance of showers before 10 a.m. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 59.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss free skin cancer screenings, amendments to state farm labor legislation, a shellfish hatchery agreement with Cornell Cooperative Extension, the North Fork Mental Health Coalition, revisions to the town’s boat ramp permit and the town’s deer management survey at their 9 a.m. work session this morning at town hall. The board has three public hearings on development rights and conservation easements scheduled for its 4:30 p.m. meeting this afternoon. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island is hosting a televised educational forum on restoring access to driver’s licenses to New York’s undocumented immigrant drivers tomorrow evening, April 24 at 7 p.m. at LTV Studios in Wainscott. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreational Center will host “A Conversation about Alzheimers and Communities of Color” as part of their Thinking Forward Lecture Series this Thursday, April 25 at 6 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• Hamptons Doc Fest inaugurates spring with its annual celebration that this year includes two Sundays of Spring Docs on innovative farming, Miles Davis and the journalists Pete Hamill and Jimmy Breslin beginning this Sunday, April 28 at Bay Street Theater. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:10 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:18 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Greenport: 1:47 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:41 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:42 a.m., 2:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:09 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:16 a.m., 3:50 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:26 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:06 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:02 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:10 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Greenport: 2:39 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:30 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:34 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:01 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:08 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:16 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:59 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.