• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 60 degrees and a northwest wind 6 to 9 miles per hour, becoming south in the afternoon. There’s a 40 percent chance of light rain overnight, mainly after 3 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 45. There’s a 60 percent chance of showers Friday, with cloudy skies and a high near 61. Saturday will start out mostly cloudy, gradually becoming sunny and breezy, with a high near 61.
• The Long Island Buddhist Meditation Center in Northville conducted a ceremony Tuesday evening to offer merits to those who lost their lives in the terrorist attack on Easter Sunday in Sri Lanka. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday that $750,000 in funding has been allocated by New York State for a new Hampton Bays bicycle and multi-use trail as part of $144.6 million statewide toward bicycle and pedestrian enhancements.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreational Center will host “A Conversation about Alzheimers and Communities of Color” as part of their Thinking Forward Lecture Series this evening, April 25 at 6 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a special Community Development Agency meeting this morning at 9:30 a.m. to consider hiring the law firm of Stagg, Terenzi, Confusione & Wasnik, LLC as Special Counsel to work on the proposed contract between the town and Calverton Aviation Technology to purchase much of the land at EPCAL. The special CDA meeting will be followed by a town board work session.
• Today’s Southampton Town Board meeting has been cancelled.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island will exhibit the work of 65 artists in the “Roots” benefit art show and sale opening tomorrow, Friday, April 26 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Southampton Cultural Center. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:57 am., 3:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:05 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Greenport: 3:34 a.m., 4:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:22 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:29 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:56 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:03 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:06 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:15 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:58 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:06 a.m., 3:46 p.m.
Greenport: 4:35 a.m., 5:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:18 a.m., 5:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:30 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:57 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:04 a.m., 6:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:58 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:07 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.