• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 58, as a storm front moves in overnight. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a low around 43 degrees, and rain and possibly a thunderstorm throughout the day Tuesday, with a high near 53. We’re expecting between one and a quarter and two and a half inches of rain by the time the storm tapers off Tuesday evening. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
• The first monthly print edition of the East End Beacon hit newsstands Saturday, and we’re adding new stops all week. Find out where you can find The Beacon here, and if there isn’t a spot in your neighborhood, keep checking back this week!
• Today, April 3, the Southampton Town Anti-Bias Task Force will host an Upstander Bias Training session at Southampton Town Hall Auditorium, 116 Hampton Road, Southampton. Networking begins at 5 p.m. followed by training by the New York Civil Liberties Union from 6 to 8 p.m. For more information, call 631.702.1922.
• North Forkers for the Common Good is planning to sponsor a bus to Albany tomorrow for the April 4 “Health Care is a Human Right Day of Action.” The bus will depart the Mattituck Shopping Plaza at 5 a.m. Tickets range from $25 to $55 and are available on Eventbrite.com. More details on the project are online here.
• The Southold Town Anti-Bias Task Force holds its third Synergy forum, a community dialogue with the town police, this Thursday, April 6 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the town Human Resource Center, 750 Pacific Street in Mattituck. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:37 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 2:45 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Greenport: 4:14 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:03 a.m., 5:46 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 4:09 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:36 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:43 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:53 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:48 a.m., 5:22 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 3:56 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
Greenport: 5:25 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:10 a.m., 6:52 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 5:20 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:47 a.m., 7:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:54 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:54 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.