• Today will be sunny, with a high near 68 degrees and a west wind 8 to 16 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 49. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 78, and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74.
• Kim Dyla of Southold is the Scratchiest cook you might ever meet. She grinds her own flour, roasts green coffee beans—then grinds them—and makes her own cheese. This month, our Let’s Cook correspondents, Alison Boyd & William Sertl, asked Kim to divulge her secrets to the Scratchiest manicotti.
• Need a Tuesday inspiration while you’re sitting at your desk at work wishing you could be outside on this beautiful day? Our photos from the third annual Dandelion Festival at KK’s Farm in Southold are online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the town’s hamlet studies, construction at the Montauk Playhouse, the Wainscott Water District and double utility poles at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a public hearing on changes to a local law requiring changes to site plan inspections and stiff penalties for clearing before a site plan is filed at its 2 p.m. meeting this afternoon. The full agenda is online here.
• JDTLab at Guild Hall in East Hampton presents selections from composer Jeffrey Leiser’s Viking opera, “Far Travelers,” this evening at 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• Southold Town is hosting a free Opioid Overdose Prevention Program NARCAN Training Class on May 10 at 7 p.m. at the Peconic Recreation Center. Registration is required by May 7. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:36 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:44 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Greenport: 12:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:42 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:04 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:11 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:54 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:30 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
Greenport: 12:26 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:23 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:21 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:48 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:55 a.m., 2:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:38 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.