• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 62 and a light and variable wind, becoming west 5 to 8 miles per hour. It will gradually clear overnight, when the low will be around 43. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 69 and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 64.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the town’s annual filings with the state comptroller and taxi lighting at their 10 a.m. work session at the Montauk Firehouse today. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Suffolk County Legislature will meet today at their Riverhead Legislative Auditorium at the County Center in Riverside at 9:30 a.m. The North Fork Audubon Society is urging its members to attend and make their feelings known about a possible countywide single use plastic bag ban.
• The Southampton Town Board meets at 1 p.m. today. They will hold a public hearing on “unsafe and dangerous conditions” at the former Brewster House boarding house on Flanders Road. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead Town’s spring clean-up, originally scheduled for this past Saturday, has been rescheduled due to inclement weather to Saturday, June 4 from 9 to 11 a.m.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss pesticides and fertilizers, deer and ticks, an outdoor assembly permit at Shell Beach and medical center roof bids at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Jamesport Meeting House has cancelled their Third Annual Spelling Bee, originally scheduled for this Friday, May 13, due to a lower-than-usual number of registered participants. Meeting House President Richard Wines says he believes there may be other community events that night that interfered with interest in the spelling bee, and he plans to check the calendar more carefully next year.
• The Bridgehampton Fire Department is inviting the community down to the firehouse at 64 School Street, Bridgehampton, on Sunday, May 15, from 2 to 5 p.m. to christen two new vehicles in its fleet, the Fire Police and Tanker trucks, with a celebratory wet-down, with the help of neighboring fire departments, at about 2:30 p.m. EMTs will also be on-hand with lifesaving information and hamburgers, hot dogs and ice cream will be served. The Bridgehampton Fire Department will also be hosting a blood drive on Monday, May 16 from 2 to 8 p.m.
• The Peconic Estuary Program has announced that they will hold their next Citizens Advisory Committee meeting next Wednesday, May 18 at 6 p.m. at Sag Harbor Village Hall. Topics for discussion include the update to the Peconic Estuary Comprehensive Management Plan. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.