• Showers are likely today, with thunderstorms also possible after 2 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies, a high near 60 degrees and a southwest wind 11 to 14 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 55 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 60.
• Diagnostic tests for the Covid-19 coronavirus will be available at the Pantigo Place Ball Field parking lot in East Hampton by appointment beginning this Friday, May 15. More details are online here.
• Suffolk County is now hiring contact tracers. More information is online here.
• Suffolk County has reported 42,022 cases of Covid-19 within its borders, including 5,265 residents who tested positive for antibodies to the disease without receiving a diagnosis when they were sick. As of Sunday afternoon, County Executive Steve Bellone reported there had been 1,617 deaths from Covid within the county. Initial results from the county’s antibody testing of police officers found that 65 of 1,115 officers had previously had the diseases, less than 6 percent. About 11.4 percent of the general population tested in Suffolk had antibodies. “That’s a pretty extraordinary number,” said Mr. Bellone on Sunday. “We implemented precautionary measures right from the start, and that’s been a very good thing for all of us.”
• Southampton Town is seeking support from its residents for a new program called Choice Community Power, which would allow the town to issue a competitive bid to choose renewable energy for its residents, at what the town expects will be a cost savings to residents. More details are online here.
• School board candidate petitions are due by 5 p.m. today for New York’s mail-in school budget and school board vote on June 9. Here are some local details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:16 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 1 p.m.
Greenport: 1:53 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:47 a.m., 3:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:48 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:15 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:22 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:32 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:18 a.m., 11:36 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:12 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:20 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Greenport: 2:49 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:41 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:44 a.m., 9:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:11 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:18 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:27 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.