• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers after noon today, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 64 degrees and a west wind 7 to 16 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers before 9 p.m. this evening, with partly cloudy skies and a low around 42. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 66 and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 67.
• After a year of virtual programming, the North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck is ready to break through to the other side of the pandemic this June by holding its first in-person event, a community picnic and concert on the shore of the Peconic Bay, which will serve as this year’s gala fundraiser for the all-volunteer theater company. Read more.
• The East Hampton Town Board will be discussing several issues related to the town’s airport in Wainscott at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda and the meeting can be viewed on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold several public hearings on CPF acquisitions and a hearing on potentially banning helium balloons at its 1 p.m. regular meeting today. Here’s the agenda and here’s the Zoom login info.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will give an update on its Comprehensive Plan, which is now underway, at its 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Here’s the agenda and the link to watch live.
• Suffolk County reported 107 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, May 9, with 1.3 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 136 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 38 of them in ICU. The county reported two new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,372 people.
• The Alzheimer’s Association’s Long Island Chapter will hold a two-day conference, “Thriving at Home on the East End: Activities and Resources for Caregivers” on Tuesday, May 11 and Wednesday, May 12, focusing on the tools and resources available here for people living with Alzheimer’s Disease and their loved ones. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:32 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:40 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Greenport: 11:09 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:04 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:03 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:10 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:40 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:49 a.m., 8:01 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:14 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:22 a.m., 10:31 p.m.
Greenport: 11:51 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:15 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:46 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:42 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:49 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:18 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:27 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.