This Morning’s Bulletin — 5.15.18
• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today, mainly after 4 p.m., but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 76 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 15 miles per hour. We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 58. Wednesday will be cloudy, with a high near 60 and a 50 percent chance of showers. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 72.
• School board and school budget votes are today throughout the East End. Don’t forget to vote to have your say in the education of our kids!
• Maygration is halfway over, but you still have time to set out and find migrating birds. North Fork Audubon’s Tuesdays with Tom will meet at the park every Tuesday this month at 8 a.m. to set off for a morning of Maygration birding. More details are online here.
• Mattituck’s American Legion Post is reviving a long-honored tradition of placing American flags on the graves of veterans in Old Bethany and New Bethany cemeteries in Mattituck this weekend. More information on how to get involved is online here.
• A public hearing regarding the South Fork Wind Farm project being developed by Deepwater Wind – potentially East Hampton Town’s first large-scale renewable energy project — will be held on Thursday, May 17 at 6:30 p.m. at the LTV studio at 75 Industrial Road in Wainscott. The East Hampton Town Board and the East Hampton Town Trustees will hold a joint hearing on the issuance of an easement allowing Deepwater Wind to land a wind turbine cable at the ocean beach at Beach Lane in Wainscott, and to run the cable under town roads to a substation on Cove Hollow Road in East Hampton.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the Montauk Wastewater Treatment District, the day care center roof and municipal and train parking in Amagansett at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at town hall. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:25 a.m., 10:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Greenport: 11:02 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:57 a.m., 11:11 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:01 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:44 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:13 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:21 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Greenport: 11:50 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:15 a.m., 12:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:45 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:38 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:45 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:32 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.