• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today, mainly after 5 p.m., with patchy fog before 8 a.m. and mostly cloudy skies, with a high near 69 degrees and a light southwest wind, becoming south 5 to 10 miles per hour in the morning. We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms this evening, mostly before 10 p.m, with skies gradually clearing and a low around 53. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 71 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 69.
• About 200 people gathered in front of the Suffolk County Courthouse in Riverhead Saturday afternoon in support of a woman’s right to chose whether to carry through with a pregnancy, in the wake of the leaked draft U.S. Supreme Court decision to overturn its landmark 1973 Roe Vs. Wade decision. Read more.
• Suffolk County reported 843 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, May 14, with 10.5 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 179 people hospitalized who had the virus in the county, though the county is now reporting that just 47 percent of them were hospitalized due to having the virus and not for other conditions. Thirteen of those patients were in ICU. The county reported three new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,404 people since March of 2020.
• Tonight is the Full Flower Moon Hike with the Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt at the South Fork Natural History Museum, 377 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike, Bridgehampton at 8:30 p.m. More information is at sofo.org.
• Our Peconic Dish columnist, Alison Boyd-Savage, inspired by the bumper asparagus crop of the past few weeks, has put together a delicious, creamy Risotto Primavera, celebrating the vegetable that is a highlight of East End springs. Read more in the Peconic Dish.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:34 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:42 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
Greenport: 11:11 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:06 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:01 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:08 a.m., 12:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:44 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:53 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:25 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:33 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
Greenport: 12:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:26 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:57 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:49 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:56 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:35 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:44 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.