• Showers are likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 7 a.m. today, followed by scattered showers between 7 and 9 a.m. Otherwise, it will be cloudy through mid morning, then gradually clearing, with a high near 80 degrees and a light west wind becoming northwest 8 to 13 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 51. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 73, and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 79.
• New York State Assemblyman Fred Thiele announced Monday that the East Hampton Housing Authority will receive a $7 million Unified Funding award from the NYS Homes & Community Renewal for its affordable housing project at 531 Montauk Highway in Amagansett. More details are online here.
• The Southold Fire Department will host a New York Blood Center Blood Drive this afternoon from 2:15 to 8:15 p.m. There’s a free spaghetti dinner for people who donate after 5 p.m., and Michael Zweig is making extra pie.
• The North Fork Community Theatre is busy this week! In addition to launching into its second week of a three-week run of Oliver! tomorrow evening (Read Our Review), the theater is also holding auditions tonight at 7 p.m. for its summer Youth On Stage performance of “Seussical.” More details are online here.
• Registration is still open for the Mighty North Fork Sprint Triathlon, which benefits Community Action Southold Town, to be held this Sunday, May 27 at Cedar Beach in Southold. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:29 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:37 a.m., 5:14 p.m.
Greenport: 6:06 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:55 a.m., 7:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:01 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:28 a.m., 8:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:35 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:32 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:32 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:40 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
Greenport: 7:09 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:58 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:04 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:31 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:38 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:32 a.m., 4:16 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.