This Morning’s Bulletin — 5.31.18

Wednesday at Latham's, Orient
Wednesday at Latham’s, Orient

Good Morning!

• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers after noon today, with areas of dense fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, it will be cloudy, with a high near 68 and a light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 miles per hour in the morning. There’s a 40 percent chance of overnight showers, with a low around 60. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday, with a high near 74. We’re expecting cloudy skies and a 60 percent chance of showers Saturday, with a high near 76.

• Democratic voters will decide on June 26 who will be their nominee to run against Congressman Lee Zeldin for the First Congressional District. Read our coverage of The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons’ May 24 debate between the candidates online here.

• It’s a rare joy to be able to sit back in a local theater and laugh your heart out at the foibles up on stage. Read our review of HTC’s new production of “Don’t Dress for Dinner,” showing through June 10. Read our review online here.

• Sebonac Road between Sebonac Neck Road and Knollwoad Road in the Town of Southampton will be closed for about two hours this morning between 10 a.m. and noon as preparations for the mid-June U.S. Open continue.

• The Southampton Town Board will hold today’s work session at the David W. Crohan Community Center at 655 Flanders Road in Flanders at 3 p.m. On the agenda are an award for the design of the Riverside Maritime Park, and a special meeting to vote on a resolution to submit a grant application for Riverside to the New York State Regional Economic Development Council Downtown Revitalization Initiative. The agendas for both the work session and special meeting are online here

• The Riverhead Town Board holds a work session today at 10 a.m. Their agenda is expected to be posted here.

• Tomorrow evening’s Songwriters Share at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the South Fork in Bridgehampton will feature a showcase of several local songwriters, including Job Potter, Sarah Azarra, Klyph Black, Sarah Greene, and Cynthia Daniels. Admission is $20, to be donated to local charities. More details are online here.

The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:

May 31
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:59 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:07 a.m., 11:18 p.m.
Greenport: 12:02 a.m., 12:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:57 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:24 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:31 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:13 a.m., 9:25 p.m.

June 1
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:10 a.m., 12:46 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:54 a.m.
Greenport: 12:47 a.m., 1:23 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:37 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:42 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:09 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:16 a.m., 2:52 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:57 a.m., 10:05 p.m.

And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.

Beth Young

Beth Young has been covering the East End since the 1990s. In her spare time, she runs around the block, tinkers with bicycles, tries not to drown in the Peconic Bay and hopes to grow the perfect tomato. You can send her a message at editor@eastendbeacon.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Please prove you're human: