• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 67 degrees and an east wind 9 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 51. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 71, and Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m.
• The 118th U.S. Open Golf Championship starts today at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club in Southampton, and with the crush of the crowds come numerous road closures and driving restrictions. Southampton Town has the details online here.
• For the past four years, an interfaith dialogue has been shared by North Fork religious educator Don Russo and Rabbi Gadi Capela of Greenport’s Congregation Tifereth Israel, who debate monthly, before a packed crowd, about the meaning found in books of both the New Testament and the original five books of both the Jewish and Christian theologies. Read our full story online here.
• SUNY Stony Brook confirmed the presence Friday of a new blue-green algae bloom in Mill Pond in Watermill, which joins a continuing bloom in Southampton’s Lake Agawam. Blue-green algae can contain toxins, and health officials ask residents not to use or swim or wade in these waters and to keep their pets and children away from the area. More details are online here.
• North Forkers are looking to start their own chapter of the League of Women Voters, which will hold an organizational meeting on Monday, June 25 at 6 p.m. at the Cutchogue-New Suffolk Library. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:25 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:33 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Greenport: 9:02 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:58 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:57 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1-:24 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:31 a.m., 10:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:38 a.m., 6 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:11 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:19 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Greenport: 9:48 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:49 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:43 a.m., 10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:10 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:17 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:32 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.