• Today will be sunny, with a high near 71 degrees and a northeast wind 9 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 53. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 72 and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 72.
• Suffolk County saw its first day without any coronavirus deaths since the outbreak began in mid-March on June 10, said Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone on Friday. But the following day two people in the county died and on June 12, one more person died from Covid, Mr. Bellone reported on Sunday. As of June 12, there were 125 people hospitalized with Covid in the county, 50 of whom were in ICU. Forty-four county residents tested positive for the disease in the 24-hour period ending June 14, well below the threshold of 100 new daily positives the county is looking to see.
• Four candidates are vying for the Democratic nomination June 23 to take on three-term incumbent Republican Congressman Lee Zeldin, a close ally of President Donald Trump, this November. Here’s our coverage of their June 1 debate before the League of Women Voters.
• East End Arts announced the nominees for its annual Teeny Awards high school theater awards program on Sunday — the awards ceremony is currently scheduled for July 23. Here are the details.
• William Taylor, Hampton Observatory’s NASA Ambassador, will lead an Accabonac Protection Committee virtual trip through the summer night sky via Zoom on this evening at 7 p.m. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:26 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:34 a.m., 6:05 p.m.
Greenport: 7:03 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:47 a.m., 8:09 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:58 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:25 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:32 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:09 a.m., 5:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:18 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:16 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:24 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Greenport: 7:53 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:40 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:48 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:15 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:22 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:02 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:11 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.