Pictured Above: On Sound Avenue, Saturday.
• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a northwest wind 5 to 7 miles per hour. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers overnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 62. Showers are likely, and possibly a thunderstorm, on Tuesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 72. There’s 50 percent chance of showers Wednesday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 72.
• No doubt we all have those persons in our lives who we can turn to for inspiration. The bigger question for many of us might be: How do we go about amplifying our own Spirit, in order to inspire others? Beacon columnist Dave Davis discusses this question in this month’s installment of Dave’s Desk@Ditch.
• The North Fork Environmental Council’s next ‘NFEC Now’ speaker series, a forum on Coastal Resilience and Living Shorelines, will be held this Friday, June 21 at the Peconic Lane Community Center at 6:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Southold Historical Society will host two seafaring events at the Horton Point Lighthouse this month, including an opening reception for an exhibition titled “Tale of the Whale” and a presentation of Long Island songs of the sea by chantey aficionado Stephen Sanfilippo. More details are online here.
• Drummer Evan Sherman & Friends will perform a special concert to benefit the Bridgehampton Child Care Center at the Stephen Talkhouse next Sunday, June 23 from 7 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $25 More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:32 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:40 a.m., 9:55 p.m.
Greenport: 11:09 a.m., 11:24 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:04 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:01 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:08 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:46 a.m., 10:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:55 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:19 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:27 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Greenport: 11:56 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:23 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:51 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:46 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:53 a.m., 1:25 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:32 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:41 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today