• It will be mostly cloudy through mid-morning, then gradually clearing, with a high near 86 degrees and a northwest wind 7 to 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 56. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 78, and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
Local governments will be busy today:
• The Southold Town Board will discuss seasonal traffic issues, rental code revisions and aircraft noise at their 9 a.m. work session this morning, and will continue a public hearing on rental permits at their 7:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss Three Mile Harbor water quality projects, southern pine beetles and social media and whistleblower policies at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at town hall. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss daytripper boats, dock law changes and a cell tower permit in the center of the island at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon.
• The Suffolk County Legislature meets in Riverhead this afternoon, in the legislative auditorium at the Evans K. Griffing County Center. The meeting begins at 4 p.m., with public hearings beginning at 6:30 p.m. The legislature is expected to consider requiring propeller guards on boat propellers, and allowing local school districts to create charitable gift reserve funds.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold public hearings on the construction of pads for six new biofuel tanks totaling 108,000 gallons in capacity at the United Riverhead Terminal in Northville, the establishment of a bistro use at Jamesport Vineyards and a new local law concerning bamboo at their 7 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.