Pictured Above: At Town Beach, Greenport, Tuesday
• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers today, with patchy fog before 9 a.m., mostly cloudy skies, a high near 69, and light and variable winds. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 64. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers Thursday, with thunderstorms also possible after noon and a high near 75. There’s a 60 percent chance of showers Friday, mostly before 10 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 75.
• The New York State Legislature has passed a bill creating a Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Protection Area in New York State-owned waters around Plum, Great Gull, and Little Gull Islands, an important habitat for sea turtles, whales, porpoises, and seals. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Progressive East End Reformers will discuss the 2020 Democratic candidates positions on issues ranging from Medicare for All to immigration policy to climate change and income inequality at their next monthly meeting tomorrow, June 20 at 6:30 in the public meeting room at the Bridgehampton National Bank headquarters on Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton. All are welcome to attend.
• The Town of Riverhead Alternative Transportation Committee has announced that construction of the multi-purpose athletic trail around the Calverton Enterprise Park is now complete and will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony on Monday, July 1 at 2 p.m. to announce the official opening of the 9.2 mile Vietnam Veterans Memorial Trail.
• RISE Life Services is partnering with Island Harvest to host a Community Food Distribution Day next Thursday, June 27 at 1 p.m. at 901 East Main Street. More details are online here.
• Southold Town has announced it will hold a ribbon cutting celebrating the new solar panels installed over the dog runs at the Southold Animal Shelter on Peconic Lane on Wednesday, July 17 at 11 a.m. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:15 a.m., 11:29 p.m.
Greenport: 12:11 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:07 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:06 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:33 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:40 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:18 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:27 a.m., 9:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:21 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:03 p.m.
Greenport: 12:58 a.m., 1:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:50 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:53 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:20 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:27 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:05 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:14 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.