• We’re expecting patchy fog before 8 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 76 degrees and a southwest wind 3 to 8 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 55. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 78, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 71.
• With the U.S. Open coming to town next week, he South Fork is about to get a hit of the traffic hell that summer has become around here. Before you get deep into the seasonal blues, consider changing your mind about how to look at the problem.
• Southold Town Justice Court is cancelled today due to staff training. The jury trial scheduled for next Monday, June 11 is still on, and jurors are expected to report to town hall at 9 a.m.
• Milling work will begin today on Fifth Street in Greenport Village, in anticipation of paving work scheduled to begin on Monday, June 11. The village is asking residents to remove their cars from Fifth Street. As always, the scheduled work is weather-dependent. For more information, call Greenport Village at 631.477.0248.
• The North Fork Audubon Society is sponsoring a lecture titled “Marine Cultivation and Water Quality” with John Holzapfel this evening at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium at Peconic Landing. More details are online here.
• The New Suffolk Civic Association’s annual meeting will be held tomorrow, June 9 at 10 a.m. at the New Suffolk School. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:03 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:11 a.m., 5:46 p.m.
Greenport: 6:40 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:15 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:35 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:02 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:09 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:43 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:53 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:01 a.m., 6:28 p.m.
Greenport: 7:30 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:11 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:25 a.m., 7:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:52 a.m., 9:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:59 a.m., 9:26 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:41 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.