• We’re looking at a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2 p.m. today, with a high near 80 degrees with a light south wind increasing throughout the day, to a high of around 11 miles per hour with gusts to 23. We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 63. We’re expecting sunny skies and temperatures in the low 80s Saturday and Sunday, and mostly sunny skies and a high of 83 on Independence Day.
• The owners of The Surf Lodge in Montauk have reached a settlement with East Hampton Town resolving a number of site plan and music permit issues, after years of litigation, and complaints from the community about loud music, excess traffic and pollution of Fort Pond by the venue’s outdated septic system. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Group for the East End is hosting a family beach trash sculpture-making party this morning at Downs Farm Preserve as part of a series of beach cleanups organized this spring. The festivities begin at 11 a.m. More information is online here.
• This Fourth of July weekend is promising great weather for all the festivities that will be had. Our full listings of fireworks, parades and other Fourth of July events are online here.
• Numerous free outdoor summer concert series begin on the East End this week, and we’re constantly updating our free summer concert series listings throughout the season, online here.
• Our full events calendar is chock-full of ideas for activities throughout the summer. You can always find it online here. To post an event, email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The high tides for the East End for the next two days are below. Find the next two weeks of East End tides any time at this link.
Have a safe and happy Fourth of July weekend!