• We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms today, mainly after 3 p.m., with a high near 86 degrees. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm overnight, with a low around 67. Showers are likely Friday, with thunderstorms also possible after 11 a.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 77. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 74 and a 50 percent chance of showers.
• This evening’s season-opening “Alive on 25” in downtown Riverhead has been cancelled, and tonight’s fireworks will be rescheduled to July 15 due to the forecast. Here are more details on the series. Tonight’s Mean Machine concert at Good Ground Park in Hampton Bays has also been cancelled due to the weather.
• East End Arts has announced the nominees for this year’s Teeny Awards for student actors. Here’s the list of nominees. While only nominees will be permitted to the July 11 awards ceremony at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center (due to Covid), the event will be streamed live here.
Several local town boards are wrapping up some business today ahead of the holiday weekend:
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear a presentation on changes to the Long Island Workforce Housing Act and some information on code changes and a site plan application at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a special meeting to pass several resolutions at 11 a.m. today, followed by an 11:15 a.m. work session at which they’re slated to hear a presentation from the town’s Airport Noise Advisory Committee. Both meetings will be broadcast live here.
Today’s high tides on the East End are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:44 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:52 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
Greenport: 4:21 a.m., 5:02 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:17 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:16 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:43 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:50 a.m., 6:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:53 a.m., 3:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:02 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.