• Today will be sunny, with a high near 81 degrees and a north wind 7 to 9 miles per hour, becoming east in the afternoon. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 56. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 81, and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
• The East Hampton Town Board is expected to vote at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening on whether to approve easements allowing Deepwater Wind to land a cable from its proposed offshore wind farm in Wainscott. The full meeting agenda is online here.
• Our Gardenwise columnist, Susan Tito, gives an overview this month on how to have a wonderful shade garden.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a proposed South Fork Commuter Connection bus and train network, a bike way task force, an update on the Tiana Lifesaving Station renovation project and groundwater contamination concerns at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear the annual report from the town’s Anti-Bias Task Force and will hear an update on Geographic Information Systems at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Several environmental groups have banded together for a free screening of “Straws,” about the hazards to marine life posed by plastic straws, this afternoon at 4 p.m. at the Greenport Cinema. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:32 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:40 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Greenport: 4:09 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:06 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:04 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:31 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:38 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:41 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:50 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:34 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:42 a.m., 4:21 p.m.
Greenport: 5:11 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:06 a.m., 6:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:06 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:33 a.m., 7:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:40 a.m., 7:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:34 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:43 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.