• Today will be sunny, with a high near 85 degrees and light and variable winds, becoming southeast 5 to 7 miles per hour in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 58. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 82, and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 85.
• CNN Anchor Don Lemon will talk with author Pedro Noguera about his recent book, “The Crisis of Connection,” which explores how awareness of our common humanity can be used to bridge political, religious, identity-based, and ideological divisions, this evening at 6 p.m. at the Parrish Art Museum as part of the Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center’s “Thinking Forward” lecture series. More information is online here.
• The Sag Harbor Whaling & Historical Museum hosts an opening reception this evening from 6 to 8 p.m. for artist Cindy Pease Roe’s “Plankton Not Plastic” exhibition. More details are online here.
• Northeast Stage’s Shakespeare in the Park production of “Measure for Measure” opens tomorrow night at 7 p.m. on the grounds of East End Arts in Riverhead, then moves to Patchogue for a performance on Tuesday, before taking residence next weekend at the company’s home port in Greenport’s Mitchell Park. More details are online here.
• Museum of Modern Art American art curator Ann Temkin will discuss “Re-Thinking Modern Art: A Preview of the Museum’s New Collection Galleries” in the Pollock-Krasner House & Study Center’s annual lecture at Guild Hall at 3 p.m. Sunday. More details are online here.
• Sylvester Manor Educational Farm continues their 2019 concert series with the first of two summer shows down by Gardiners Creek this Sunday at 5 p.m. with a master of slide blues guitar, Kerry Kearney and the Unsung Heroes. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:37 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:45 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Greenport: 6:14 a.m., 6:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:51 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:09 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:36 a.m., 8:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:43 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:08 a.m., 4:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:17 a.m., 2:45 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:31 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:39 a.m., 6:04 p.m.
Greenport: 7:08 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:48 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:03 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:30 a.m., 8:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:37 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:06 a.m., 5:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:15 a.m., 3:41 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.