This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.29.19
Pictured Above: Osprey wake-up call, New Suffolk
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high temperature near 86 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 9 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 72. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 87, and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
• This evening is the first of many meetings to discuss Southold Town’s new comprehensive plan. This evening’s meeting will be before the town’s planning board at 6 p.m. More details on this and other upcoming comprehensive plan sessions are online here.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts the sixth edition of the International Ocean Film Tour this evening at 8:30 p.m. More details on this free event are online here.
• Pulitzer Prize-winning author Colson Whitehead, who summered in Sag Harbor growing up and authored the 2009 fictionalized coming-of-age novel “Sag Harbor,” is coming back to his childhood stomping ground this Thursday touring his new novel, “The Nickel Boys.” The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to receive the August copy of The Beacon’s monthly print edition. Print subscriptions are vital to the continuation of our work, and cost just $20 per year. Subscribe online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:08 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:16 a.m., 7:36 p.m.
Greenport: 8:45 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:40 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:40 a.m., 9 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:07 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:14 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:11 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:20 a.m., 5:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:54 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:02 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Greenport: 9:31 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:32 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:26 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:53 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:08 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:17 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.