This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.29.22
• We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 88 degrees and a southwest wind 5 to 11 miles per hour. Showers are likely overnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 67. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 86, and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
• After years of debate, the Southold Town Board voted July 19 to rezone the old abandoned oyster factory property on Shipyard Lane in East Marion. But the new owners of the property, have other plans that don’t fit the new zoning either. Read More.
• The North Fork Community Theatre’s Youth on Stage production of “Rent,” the Broadway cultural phenomenon about falling in love, finding your voice and living for today in New York City, continues this evening at 8 p.m. and Thursdays through Saturdays and 2:30 p.m. Sundays through Aug. 7. Read our full coverage. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at nfct.com.
• Alive on 25, a street festival with live music on multiple stages, local craft beverages, food trucks, vendors, artisans and family activities, returns to downtown Riverhead this evening from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Visit downtownriverhead.org for more info.
• The Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild holds its annual Antiques, Fine Art & Crafts Fair at the Southold Historical Society Museum Complex, 54325 Main Road, Southold, Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., with music by members of the Hidden City Orchestra. More info is at oldtownartsguild.org.
• Northeast Stage presents “The Taming of the Shrew” in Shakespeare in the Park at East End Arts, 141 East Main Street, Riverhead, on Sunday evening 7 p.m. Admission is free. Bring a chair or blanket. More details are at northeaststage.org.
• The Beacon’s August print edition will be on newsstands throughout the East End by the end of the day today — Pick up a copy at one of these locations! You’ll read much of our coverage in print before you find it here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do.
• Beacon editor Beth Young will be a guest panelist on WLIW-FM’s “Behind the Headlines” Saturday morning on 88.3 WLIW-FM. Tune in at 10 a.m. or listen via the podcast later this weekend.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.