• Southold Town’s public forum on helicopter noise will be held Aug. 11 at 6 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Recreation Center. Members of several Citizens Advisory Committees from the Sag Harbor and Noyac area will be on hand to discuss their issues with noise.
• The Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival opens tonight with a free concert of “Russian Memories” on the grounds of the Bridgehampton Historical Society at 6:30 p.m. The festival continues for the next four weeks. More information is online here.
• The Hampton Bays Firemen’s Carnival will hold its annual parade through downtown Hampton Bays tonight at 7 p.m. The carnival is open 7 p.m. through 11 p.m. through Aug. 3.
• Southampton Arts Center hosts a discussion with ProPublica’s Paul Steiger tomorrow evening at 6:30 p.m. Mr. Steiger is the founding editor-in-chief and CEO of ProPublica, a non-profit, non-partisan newsroom for the public interest. More information is online here.
• Suffolk County’s crapSHOOT Video Contest deadline is now Sept. 1. The county is looking for short films and public service announcements that discuss nitrogen the Nitrogen pollution in the bays and illustrate ways that homeowners, gardeners, farmers, pet owners and communities can improve water quality by changing simple behaviors. They’re looking for a 30 to 60-second public service announcement and a one to three minute short film, all of which will be screened at the Cinema Arts Center on Sept. 22. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.