This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.30.19
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 87 degrees and a south wind 7 to 13 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 72. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday, mainly after 2 p.m. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Otherwise, Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
• About 90 residents packed into Southold Town Hall for the first public hearing on the town’s comprehensive plan before the Southold Town Planning Board Monday night, and most who spoke were visibly upset at how quickly Southold is changing, including some very young residents, a rare sight at Southold government meetings. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss a Long Island extension of the Empire State Bike Trail Initiative, proposed affordable housing, an update on a deer survey, a proposed lacrosse field at Corcoran Park and Transportation Commission recommendations for the intersection of Old North Road and Youngs Avenue in Southold at its 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold two public hearings at its 7 p.m. meeting this evening, including one on allowing recreational uses in light industrial districts, and on raising fees for zoning violations. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will hear a report on noise issues, discuss a dog ordinance and discuss extending a contract with the U.S. Geological Survey at its 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. The full agenda is online here.
• The Hampton Bays Fire Department Carnival starts this evening, and the carnival parade will be held tomorrow, July 31 at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• Tonight is pay-what-you-can night for the first preview of Bay Street Theatre’s summer musical, “Annie Get Your Gun,” which runs through Aug. 25. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:54 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:02 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Greenport: 9:31 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:32 a.m., 10:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:26 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:53 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:08 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:17 a.m., 6:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:42 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:50 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
Greenport: 10:19 a.m., 10:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:24 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:14 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:41 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:48 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:01 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:10 a.m., 7:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.