This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.30.31
• Today will be sunny, with a high temperature near 84 degrees and a northwest wind 10 to 17 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 28. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 49. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 77. Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 79 degrees and a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 2 p.m.
• The story of Fighting Shirley Chisholm, the first African-American woman to win a seat in Congress and run for President, is coming to the stage at Southampton Arts Center for one afternoon only on Sunday, Aug. 1. Read more.
• The Parrish Art Museum and Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center’s second annual Black Film Festival continues this evening at the Parrish. Read more.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts a free outdoor screening of “Do the Right Thing” this evening. Gates open at 8 p.m. and the movie starts at dusk. Bring a beach chair or blanket. More info is at southamptonartscenter.org.
• The Big Duck in Flanders is celebrating its 90th birthday tomorrow, July 31, with family friendly activities, games, music, guest speakers and raffles from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Here’s more info.
• Suffolk County reported 183 new cases of Covid-19 on Wednesday, July 28, with 2.7 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 48 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with five of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities, and the death toll here stands at 3,412 people.
• The Beacon’s August print edition will be on newsstands throughout the East End by the end of the day today. Pick up a copy at any one of these newsstands — you’ll read many of our stories in print before you find them here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:06 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:14 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Greenport: 3:43 a.m., 4:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:40 a.m., 5:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:38 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:05 a.m., 5:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:12 a.m., 5:48 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:17 a.m., 2:51 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:26 a.m., 1 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:01 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:09 a.m., 3:47 p.m.
Greenport: 4:38 a.m., 5:16 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:32 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:33 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:07 a.m., 6:45 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:04 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:13 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.