This Morning’s Bulletin — 7.8.22
• We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 82 degrees and a calm wind becoming south around 6 miles per hour in the afternoon. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 67 and a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2 a.m. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers Saturday, mainly before 8 a.m., with partly sunny skies and a high near 81. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 79.
• The Southampton Arts Center hosts an immersive viewing experience of the video art of John Zieman this evening at 6 p.m. From purely abstract visual play to communicating the poetry of interior mental spaces and moods, the viewing experience will be followed by a discussion led by the artist. Register for this free event at southamptonartscenter.org.
• Author Mary Korpi will discuss her book “The Lady Lighthouse Keeper” Saturday morning, July 9 at 9 a.m. on the back deck of Case’s Place at the Galley Ho, 650 First St., New Suffolk. This historical novel is about the life of Stella Prince, a woman who lived and worked to keep the light shining at Horton Point Lighthouse in the late 1800s. To reserve a seat, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The rain date will be Sunday, July 10 if there is severe rain or wind.
• The Love Lane Street Fair will be held on Love Lane between the Main Road and Pike Street in Mattituck will be held on Saturday, July 9 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be food, music and diverse and unique arts and crafts items, along with the Little Miss & Little Mister Mattituck. More details are online at mattituckchamber.org.
• There will be a Honey Harvesting family program with master beekeeper and entomologist Chris Kelly of Promised Land Apiaries andGroup for the East End at Downs Farm Preserve, 23800 Main Road, Cutchogue on Saturday, July 9 from 10 a.m. to noon. Register for this free event by emailing email@example.com.
• Hamptons Jazz Fest presents Bobby Sanabria & Quareteto Ache! at Southampton Arts Center, 25 Jobs Lane in Southampton Saturday evening at 7 p.m. Register for this free event at southamptonartscenter.org.
• The Flanders Fire Department at 19 Firehouse Lane in Flanders hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive tomorrow, July 9 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• The Shelter Island Fireworks will be held at Crescent Beach, Saturday, July 9 at 9 p.m., with a rain date of July 10. Visit shelterislandfireworks.com for more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:20 a.m., 5:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:28 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
Greenport: 5:57 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:45 a.m., 7:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:52 a.m., 6:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:19 a.m., 7:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:26 a.m., 8:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:58 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:07 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:19 a.m., 6:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:27 a.m., 5:56 p.m.
Greenport: 6:56 A.M., 7:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:45 a.m., 8:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:51 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:18 a.m., 8:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:25 a.m., 8:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:)9 a.m., 3:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.