• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 82 degrees and light and variable winds, becoming southeast at 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers overnight, mainly after midnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 67. Showers are likely Friday, mainly in the morning, with a high near 81 degrees. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 81 and a 30 percent chance of showers before noon.
• Today is the deadline to apply for New York State’s Covid-19 rent relief program to enable people economically impacted by the virus to catch up on their rent. More details are here.
• Southampton Town’s virtual housing forum for the hamlet of Bridgehampon will be held via Zoom this evening at 7 p.m. The information gathered will be used to develop a housing plan to guide the town in the years ahead. Here are the details.
• Tonight is the Sound Side Film Festival at Peconic Bay Winery in Cutchogue, a drive-in series of independent short films, including the premiere of “Bluepoint,” shot on the North Fork, to benefit Community Action Southold Town. Here’s the full story.
• Suffolk County reported 85 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Aug. 5, slightly higher than average, with 1.2 percent of people tested testing positive. The county reported no new fatalities, and the death toll stands at 1,997 people. Thirty-eight people are hospitalized, an increase of two, with 11 patients in ICU, a decrease of one in the past 24 hours.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a Pedal Share program at its 10 a.m. work session, via Zoom. Here are the details.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss proposed site plan changes to the former Capital One bank branch on East Main Street at its 10 a.m. work session this morning.
• The East Hampton Town Board meets via Zoom this afternoon at 2 p.m. They’re slated to hold public hearings on fire protection district agreements. Here’s the agenda.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:05 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:41 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
Greenport: 12:42 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:38 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:37 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:04 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:11 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:47 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:56 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:49 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:27 p.m.
Greenport: 1:26 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:20 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:21 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:48 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:55 a.m., 3:25 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:39 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.