• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 92 degrees but heat index values as high as 101, with a southwest wind 6 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight, with patchy fog after 2 a.m. and partly cloudy skies overnight, with a low around 74. We’re expecting patchy fog before 8 a.m. Friday, with otherwise mostly sunny skies, a high near 92 and heat index values as high as 101. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 86 and a 50 percent chance of showers after 8 a.m.
• The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has issued an air quality health advisory due to high ozone levels in the air for all of New York State today. Suffolk County Health Commissioner Dr. Gregson Pigott advises that all residents, especially young children, seniors, those who exercise or are involved in strenuous outdoor work, and those with pre-existing respiratory or heart problems, limit strenuous outdoor activity. Ozone levels are often elevated after noon through early evening on hot, sunny days. Also today, the Riverhead Senior Center at 60 Shade Tree Lane in Aquebogue will open as a cooling center from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 pm.
• In this month’s Climate Local Now in the East End Beacon: Our mission at Drawdown East End is to divert 100 percent of the food waste generated in all sectors in the Peconic Bioregion and bring it right back into our soil. Read More.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a proposed pet sale legislation, improvements to parks and the EPCAL trail, the July town police report, the formation of a marijuana committee and this year’s hunting lottery at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. The full agenda is online here, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the town’s heat emergency plan and the 2022 reassessment at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• Downtown Riverhead’s Alive on 25 street fair, with music, vendors, a kid zone and light art throughout Grangabel park will be held this evening from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Here are more details.
• The Westhampton Cultural Consortium Gazebo Concert Series presents
“Favorites from Opera and the Broadway Stage” this evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Westhampton Beach Village Green, 9 Beach Road, Westhampton Beach. The rain location is the Westhampton Beach High School Auditorium.
• Hallockville Museum Farm at 6038 Sound Avenue in Riverhead presents Drive-In Live Music with the Grateful Blues Jammers this evening at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 per person or $50 per car and are available online at hallockville.org.
• This year’s International Center of Photography Street Photography Talks at the Southampton Arts Center, 25 Jobs Lane in Southampton, continue this evening at 7 p.m. with photographer Andre Wagner, whose work explores the American social landscape, with themes of race, class, community, and cultural identity. Tickets are $20. Here are more details.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:55 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:03 a.m., 12:37 p.m.
Greenport: 1:32 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:27 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:27 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:54 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:01 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:44 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:40 a.m., 2:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:48 a.m., 1:24 p.m.
Greenport: 2:17 a.m., 2:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:15 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:12 a.m., 2:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:39 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:46 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:41 a.m., 1:26 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:35 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.