• We’re expecting patchy fog before 10 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 83 degrees and a northeast wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 68. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81 and Sunday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 79.
• Suffolk County reported just 39 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Aug. 13, with .6 percent of people tested testing positive. Forty-two patients are currently hospitalized with the virus, seven of whom are in ICU. No new deaths were reported in Suffolk, and the death toll here stands at 1,998.
• Numerous arts and cultural institutions on the South Fork are celebrating a visit this weekend by Jeffrey Colvin, author of the novel “Africaville,” about a small Nova Scotia town settled in the waning years of the eighteenth century by formerly enslaved people. Here are more details.
• The Parrish Art Museum is partnering with Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreational Center to present a 2-day outdoor Black Film Festival on Fridays, Aug. 14 and 21, featuring feature films, documentaries, and shorts inspired by the current epic global movement to elevate black lives and eliminate racism. Here are more details.
• The Neo-Political Cowgirls’ annual “Andromeda’s Sisters” arts and advocacy forum will be held remotely in two parts this year via Zoom, on Friday, Aug. 14 at 7:30 p.m. and Thursday, Sept. 3 at 5 p.m. Here are more details.
• The Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild in Cutchogue is opening today for the first time since the pandemic began. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:56 a.m., 7:18 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:56 a.m., 7:18 p.m.
Greenport: 7:33 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:11 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:28 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:55 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:02 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:33 a.m., 5:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:42 a.m., 3:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:44 a.m., 8:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:44 a.m., 8:02 p.m.
Greenport: 8:21 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:05 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:16 a.m., 8:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:43 a.m., 10:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:50 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:34 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:43 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.