• We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm today, mainly before noon, with a high temperature near 82 degrees. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. There’s a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 71. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 86 degrees and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a 50 percent chance of showers after 9 a.m.
• Organizacion Latino Americana of Eastern Long Island has partnered with the Parrish Art Museum to bring back their very popular cultural event, Pachanga on Friday, Aug. 20 from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Here are more details.
• A new sign of semi-normality returning to the East End is upon us this coming weekend with Northeast Stage’s annual Shakespeare in the Park production in Greenport’s Mitchell Park slated to return Sunday, Aug. 22 at 7 p.m. Read more.
• Suffolk County reported 528 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, Aug. 17, with 4.2 percent of people tested testing positive. The county reported four new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,434 people. There were 151 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 26 of them in ICU.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a proposed five-story, mixed-use building on the corner of Court Street and Osborn Avenue, CARES Act Community Development Block Grant funding and an update on code enforcement at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and here’s where to view the meeting. The East Hampton Town Board holds a regular meeting this morning at 11 a.m. Here’s the agenda, and here’s where to view the meeting. The Southampton Town Board’s work session for this morning has been cancelled.
• The Eagle River Band is slated to perform songs of The Eagles in Good Ground Park, 9A Squiretown Road in Hampton Bays this evening at 7 p.m. The Westhampton Cultural Consortium Gazebo Concert Series presents a Disco Divas 1970s Tribute Show at 7:30 p.m. at the Westhampton Beach Village Green, 9 Beach Road in Westhampton Beach. In case of rain, the concert will be held in the Westhampton Beach High School Auditorium.
• The International Center of Photography will hold a Street Photography Talk with photographers Alex Webb and Rebecca Norris Webb on “The Blind Man & The Bus: On Street Photography and the Poetic Image” at the Southampton Arts Center, 25 Jobs Lane in Southampton this evening at 7 p.m. Read More.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:44 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:52 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
Greenport: 8:21 a.m., 8:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:18 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:16 a.m., 8:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:43 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:50 a.m., 10:18 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:53 a.m., 7:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:02 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:36 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:44 a.m., 8:10 p.m.
Greenport: 9:13 a.m., 9:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:15 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:08 a.m., 9:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:35 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:42 a.m., 11:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:54 a.m., 8:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:03 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.