This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.3.16
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 79 degrees and a northeast wind around 8 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 56. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 82, and Friday is expected to be sunny, with a high near 86.
• Five years after suffering a brutal attack, musician Mick Hargreaves talked with The Beacon this week about moving on, making his mark, and “Crystal Ball,” a new single that he was working on the morning he was attacked, a song about how none of us know what fate has in store. The full story is online here.
• The lake at Peconic Dunes County Park is one of seven Suffolk County-designated bathing beaches that was closed yesterday due to high bacteria levels. Campers at the Peconic Dunes summer camp there swim in the Long Island Sound, not in the lake, due to the frequent closure of the lake. This is the only East End beach included in the closure. More information on Suffolk County bathing beach closures is online here.
Out & About
• Northeast Stage’s summer Shakespeare in the Park production of “As You Like It” opens tonight in Greenport’s Mitchell Park, with performances at 7 p.m. tonight, Friday and Saturday, before the troupe makes its way to Patchogue for a final performance Sunday night. More information is online here. [Free]
• Shotgun Wedding performs a free outdoor concert at Southampton’s Agawam Park tonight at 6:30 p.m. and singer-songwriters Cassandra House and Bob Westcott will perform at Southold’s Silversmith’s Corner tonight at 7:30 p.m. as part of several free outdoor summer concert series on the East End this season.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton hosts the Surfrider Foundation’s 14th Annual Surf Movie Night, a fundraiser for the group’s clean water and coastal policy initiatives, this evening at 7 p.m. This year’s film is “View From A Blue Moon.” Tickets start at $20. More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 9:50 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
Orient: 10:51 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
GPT: 11:19 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 11:14 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
S. JPT: 12:24 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Shinn. In.: 8:14 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 10:38 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Orient: 11:39 a.m.
GPT: 12:07 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:02 p.m.
S. JPT: 1:11 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Shinn. In.: 9 a.m., 9:11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.