• Today will be sunny, with a high near 90 degrees but heat index values as high as 95, with a calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 miles per hour in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 73. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 87 and a 30 percent chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms.
• Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone will be in Greenport today to sign legislation that appropriates $237,000 to undertake a green infrastructure project, being constructed in a match with the Village of Greenport, which includes stormwater retention measures at four road ends, including at 4th Street.
• The Bridgehampton Chamber Music Festival presents “American Dreams,” a series of new works by American composers, this evening at 6 p.m. at the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill. More details are online here. [$35]
• The Hamptons Institute at Guild Hall in East Hampton kicks off this evening at 7 p.m. with a discussion on plastic pollution with Dr. Barbara Hendrie, Director, North America-UN Environment; Dune Ives, Director, Lonely Whale; and Tierney Thys, PhD, Marine Biologist, Science Educator, and National Geographic explorer. More details are online here. [$23-$55]
• Northeast Stage’s new production of Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing” closes tonight at 7 p.m. at Good Ground Park in Hampton Bays. More details are online here. [Free]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:38 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:46 a.m., 5:19 p.m.
Greenport: 6:15 a.m., 6:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:04 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:10 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:37 a.m., 8:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:44 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:26 a.m., 4:55 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:35 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:37 a.m., 7:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:45 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
Greenport: 7:14 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:06 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:09 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:36 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:43 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:33 a.m., 6 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:42 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.