• We’re expecting areas of dense fog before 11 a.m. today, with scattered showers and thunderstorms after 11 a.m. and a high near 78 degrees. Winds will be out of the east at 3 to 7 miles per hour. We’re expecting scattered showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 68. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before noon Thursday, with a high near 77. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 75.
• Over the past three years, The Peconic Land Trust has given out capital grants to 57 farmers in both Suffolk and Nassau counties to help them invest in infrastructure that has helped them both grow their businesses and sustainably farm their lands. Read more about their work.
• Southold Town will be hosting a Deer Forum this evening, Sept. 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the Southold Town Meeting Hall. The goal of the forum is to help educate the public on the issue of deer overabundance in Southold Town. Guest Speakers include Dr. Booth-Binczak Wildlife Biologist, NYSDEC Division of Fish and Wildlife; Allen Gosser State Director, USDA APHIS Wildlife Services; and Thomas Rawinski, Botanist, US Forest Service. All are welcome to attend.
• North Forkers for the Common Good will hold a screening of “Fix It,” a documentary about how to fix America’s health care system, this evening, Sept. 12 at 7 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House. All are welcome to attend.
• Several local organizations are planning beach cleanups for International Beach Clean Up Day this Saturday, Sept. 15. Here are the details.
• Southampton Town is inviting members of the Hampton Bays community to an update on the Form-Based Code for the Downtown Overlay District on Monday, Sept. 17 at 6 p.m. at the Hampton Bays Community Center on Ponquogue Avenue.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:30 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Greenport: 12:34 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:35 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:29 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:56 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:03 a.m., 2:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:43 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:52 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:47 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:22 p.m.
Greenport: 1:24 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:24 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:19 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:46 a.m., 3:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:53 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:01 a.m., 12:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:43 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.